how to set class attributes for a host or group instead of a pool?

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Thu Nov 7 13:57:52 UTC 2013

You may want to consider using a construct with subclasses. I do that
for a slightly different purpose.

I want to be able to switch each of my hosts between gateways, so I have
3 classes, each with its own gateway and a long list of hosts connecting
each MAC to a specific class. Using this concept, I should think you
might use something like:

class "pxe" {
match hardware;
next-server <tftp server>;
filename "pxelinux.0";
}

class "norm" {
match hardware;
}

subnet xx{
}

subclass "pxe2 1:00:01:02:03:04:05;
subclass "norm" 1:00:01:02:03:12:32;

I place the subclass declarations in a file that is included, all you
would have to do to change from pxe boot to normal boot is to change the
name of the subclass from "pxe" to "norm" and restart dhcpd.