ISC DHCP limitation observed while load testing with dhcperf

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri May 31 15:07:34 UTC 2013

Reminder to consider async output to the DHCP log.  If your
syslog daemon is synching each log line written, then disabling
that for the DHCP log could halve the number of disk writes.  This
could be a simple syslog daemon config change, but would require
installing a different syslog daemon if yours doesn't
offer that feature.

Another approach is to do all DHCP logging remotely.
I've never tried that so don't know how much it does
for you.

John Wobus
Cornell Univ IT