DHCP failover - disk full, can not commit to lease file

Louis Lau Louis_Lau at nechk.nec.com.hk
Tue May 28 02:34:21 UTC 2013

Would there be any difference in behavior if the DHCP relay to dedicated IP of the DHCP server(s) or broadcast? Because if the DHCP offer response is in round robin response to the client, the client may request for the secondary OFFER IP if the first attempt fail. I was expecting the OFFER shall be replied to client one at a time instead of letting client choose which OFFER to take.

Louis Lau

Senior Consultant
NEC Hong Kong Limited
25/F, The Metropolis Tower, 10 Metropolis Drive, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2733 5561
Fax: +852 2733 5419
Mobile: +852 6330 1850/ +852 6136 1712
Email: louis_lau at nechk.nec.com.hk
SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!
Disclaimer:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to them, you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way that may be considered unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.
Company is not responsible for any changes made to the message after it has been sent. Where opinions are expressed, they are not necessarily those of Company.