do not respond to DHCPINFORM requests

Friesen, Don CITZ:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Fri May 10 17:03:17 UTC 2013

   I simply do not put any options in the “shared-network” or “subnet” blocks.  I place all my options in the “pool” and “group” blocks.  Except for the default route, which I persist in placing in the “subnet” block, but I have to keep in mind that any DHCPINFORM would wipe out any non-standard default routing, which I fortunately do not have any instances of.

Don Friesen
Technical Services
Network, Communications and Collaboration Service
Shared Services BC, Technology Solutions
Ministry of Citizens' Services and Open Government
4000 Seymour Place  -  E228

Phone: 250-356-7200 Fax: 250-387-3889
Email: Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca

http://www.sharedservicesbc.gov.bc.ca/