Multiple matching dhcpd.conf MAC addresses

Dean Gibson (DNS Administrator) isc at ultimeth.com
Sat Mar 30 17:26:42 UTC 2013

If I have two (distinct/unique) "subnet" declarations, and have two
"host" declarations with the same "hardware address" but different
"fixed-address" values, with one "fixed-address" matching the first
"subnet" declaration, and the other "fixed-address" matching the second
"subnet" declaration, will this work properly ?

I would like to have the same host be able to physically move from one
subnet to the other, without having to change the dhcpd.conf file and
restart the dhcpd servers.