DHCP response to source address not helper address

Jason Brandt jbrandt at fsmail.bradley.edu
Fri Jun 28 09:20:25 UTC 2013

I ended up being able to handle this through iptables, unfortunately it
took a while to realize that UDP traffic wouldn't be converted by a
"catchall" rule.  Adding the following rule took care of the issue:

*iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p udp -d <dhcp-relay-private> -j DNAT
--to-destination <dhcp-relay-public-nat>  *

This requires a 1 to 1 nat on the router connected to the private network
(which handles NAT).

--
Jason K. Brandt
Systems Administrator