CPE with static IP address

Sztrepka Pál szpal at szarvas.hu
Mon Jan 14 08:29:03 UTC 2013

> Sztrepka_Pál wrote:
>
>>With Cm and mta there is no problem, those work, but the problem is
>> the
>>CPE.
>>I don't understand, how can I define a CPE Host decl with static IP
>>address,
>>even not knowing the MAC Address of the CPE?
>>Maybe there is a solution for this thing, only I am uninformed?
>
> AIUI in such a setup, address allocation to the CPE is done by way of
> an identifier introduced into the DCHP packets by the cable modem. So
> you go by the identity of the modem supplied to hte customer.

Hi Simon.

Do you think Option 82, is not it?
Really my question is, that whether can I do this with regular ISC DHCP
config statements
  or options (like hardware ethernet - fixed-address pair) without
sniffing the DHCP
discover packets or processing the dhcpd.log?
If anybody would a revelant config part, I thank to him.

--
Regards,
szpal