Frame Tagging

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Aug 2 03:47:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, August 2, 2013 8:17 am, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 02:30 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
>> I think it's better for people to be nice when they correct each other,
>> but that said, it's bad form to re-post a message you posted the week
>> before without comment.
>
> FWIW, I think reasonable minds can differ on that point. Same day, or
> even same week; sure, that's too soon. But a week later? IMO we can give
> the guy some slack here. It's not uncommon for most of us to
> occasionally let mail pile up, and even a message we wanted to respond
> to can get buried. A friendly reminder can serve to prompt those who
> were already inclined to respond to do so.
>
> Or, put another way, rather than focusing on being the mailing list
> police it would probably be better for some folks to ignore/delete
> messages that don't meet their high standards of netiquette.
>
> Doug

I think that if you get no replies after a week then that means there is
not enough information in the original message for someone to come up with
an answer. Reposting the exact same message probably won't help - better
perhaps to add some more information such as what you have tried since
then or rephrase the problem, etc.

I'd have to say that this is one of the friendliest lists I've
participated in, so don't be put off by this.

regards,
-glenn