issues with ipv6 and DUID

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Fri Apr 5 13:59:44 UTC 2013

On Apr 5, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Steven Carr <sjcarr at gmail.com<mailto:sjcarr at gmail.com>> wrote:
I guess the bigger question is why does the DUID-LLT keep changing, if I'm to read RFC3315 correctly it states that DUID-LLT is generated once and then written to non-volatile storage for future use. So does the client have non-volatile storage? if so is dhclient writing the value to a non-volatile location?

Presumably dhclient ought to be storing it in dhclient.leases or some other file.   My DHCPv6 client has a special file just for storing the DUID, since one might be tempted to delete the lease file from time to time...