classes being global and all...

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Wed Oct 24 21:34:51 UTC 2012

> Would something like the example below work?  Does a DHCP request fall
> into a matching subnet first and then get an IP from a pool where it's
> allowed?  Or does being a member of class "WimaxCPE" mean I might get an
> IP from either subnet?

    The server will only give out an address on what-ever "shared-network"
matches where the request came from. The class membership then determines
whether it can use the specified pool or if it will get "no free leases".

    You may want "range" statements in your pools. I confess I've never
set up a pool without a range so I don't know what it will default to.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|