Prefix delegation: routes and global prefix pool

Georg Müller georgmueller at gmx.net
Fri May 25 09:51:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set up dhcpv6 prefix delegation and have some problems with that.

I successfully get a prefix on the client side, but dhcpd does not add a route.
AFAICS there is no hook interface available for dhcpd to call a shell script (like for dhclient).
The only possibility I see is to monitor the state file. Like described in
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-hackers/2012-April/001978.html
Is there a better way of doing this?

The second issue is that prefix pools can not be shared. Documentation and implementation seem to
differ here. My plan was to set up a prefix pool and share it over all interfaces.

Best regards,
Georg