DNS expiry time in /etc/resolv.conf

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Thu May 24 10:05:48 UTC 2012

HI

I would suggest you move this question to the bind mailing list, where
it is more appropriate

You canot determine that from the resolv entry points. The DNS name
server can work with different expiry times even within a single domain.
DHCP does not have any knowledge on this, except for dynamic DNS updates
where the lease time usualy determines the DNS expiration time

Cheers,

Rudy