one ethernet get more than one ip address

Julie Xu xll40 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 01:02:26 UTC 2012

Simon

Great thanks for the reply.

The problem is on wireless, there is no server or some special machine involved. most are apple or window laptop.

Below machine on leases entries are only one ip, but actually it hold three ips, and all them actived at the time I check. I do not have history record of dhcpd.leases, I guess, current lease is 10.1.111.138, the rest two are from previous dhcp lease. for I understand, the machine should give away the rest two addresses when it get 10.1.111.138, but the machne keep three of them, and all of them actived.

current three ip online stil, this is information on routerl:

Internet  10.1.111.138         0   0021.e98a.777b  ARPA   V111
Internet  10.1.111.83         16   0021.e98a.777b  ARPA   V111
Internet  10.1.111.64          1   0021.e98a.777b  ARPA   V111

the related dhcpd.leases records are:

   3878 lease 10.1.111.83 {
   3879   starts 5 2012/05/11 00:10:11;
   3880   ends 5 2012/05/11 00:12:11;
   3881   tstp 4 2012/05/10 06:38:45;
   3882   tsfp 4 2012/05/10 06:43:45;
   3883   atsfp 4 2012/05/10 06:43:45;
   3884   cltt 5 2012/05/11 00:10:11;
   3885   binding state free;
   3886   hardware ethernet 00:21:e9:8a:77:7b;
   3887   uid "\001\000!\351\212w{";
   3888   client-hostname "host";
   3889 }
   8404 lease 10.1.111.138 {
   8405   starts 5 2012/05/11 00:10:13;
   8406   ends 5 2012/05/11 00:20:13;
   8407   tstp 4 2012/05/10 07:47:41;
   8408   tsfp 5 2012/05/11 00:25:13;
   8409   atsfp 5 2012/05/11 00:25:13;
   8410   cltt 5 2012/05/11 00:10:13;
   8411   binding state active;
   8412   next binding state expired;
   8413   hardware ethernet 00:21:e9:8a:77:7b;
   8414   uid "\001\000!\351\212w{";

           ....... a lot of semilar record there

Please advcie

xll