"raw packet not available" when execute() on release

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu May 3 09:46:24 UTC 2012

On 1 May 2012, at 16:52, Nicolas C. wrote:

> The problem is that I really need the IPv4 address and the hardware address, I found a workaround by registering a TXT record to store them but it would be so much easier if I had them directly.

	I have a trick for storing request-time data in the lease object.
	This allows me to tag leases for later statistical analysis.

	NB! I have no idea whether this will be useful for what you need.

	What I do is to set a variable from a request option by coding a
	global configuration command such as the following.

set vendor-string = option vendor-class-identifier;

	By using several such commands (some with shared-network or subnet scope),
	I can obtain potentially useful tags in the lease object.

lease 137.43.175.156 {
  starts 5 2011/05/20 17:43:09;
  ends 5 2011/05/20 17:45:09;
  tstp 5 2011/05/20 17:45:09;
  cltt 5 2011/05/20 17:43:09;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet [none of your business];
  set vendor-string = "dhcpcd 4.0.15";
  set link-label = "ucd-guest";
  set subnet-prefix = "137.43.175.0/24";
  set pool-label = "ucd_guest_l1";