"raw packet not available" when execute() on release

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue May 1 00:08:53 UTC 2012

Hi Nicolas

Can you post your dhcpd.conf? It depends when you call execute, if it's
done during, for example, DHCPDISCOVER, then the packet does not contain
an IP address yet.

You can test the value of option dhcp-message-type (man dhcp-options).
You probably only want to do a DNS update during state DHCPACK and
DHCPRELEASE.

if option dhcp-message-type = 5 {
   execute ( ..... )
}