Fixed address inside dynamic range

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Tue Mar 6 14:32:54 UTC 2012

Not that this is exactly on-topic for this thread, but I would like to make sure I am correctly understanding...

It seems that in DHCPv6 that fixed-address6 DOES remove the IP from the pool. man dhcpd.conf:

" Any IPv6 addresses given to hosts with fixed-address6 are excluded from the range6, as are IPv6 addresses on the server itself. "

That seems pretty clear, but given that this is NOT the case in DHCPv4, I just wanted to clarify.