iMac refuses to accept IP

Tina Siegenthaler tina at ieu.uzh.ch
Wed Jun 27 20:18:18 UTC 2012

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 27.06.2012 um 14:41 schrieb Maarten Carels <lists at carels.info>:

> Could it be that the first DHCPACK doesn't reach the client?
>
> Then the client would wait for an ACK, times out and restarts the dhcp sequence, this time using the other offer.
>
> You may try to sniff on the client side, to see what happens there.
>
> --maarten

Hi Maarten

I have been thinking about that, too, but I don't think this is the case. However, it is probably not possible to sniff on the client at the time of the first discover, since this happens before the client actually starts booting (I suspect it's trying to netboot and will then use the HD to boot if that fails).

Tina