Not able to see lease logs in dhcpd6.leases

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Jun 22 06:27:01 UTC 2012

Is this on the client or the server? Below you show a client config, so
the client stores the lease in a lease file. In the directory containing
dhclient.leases directory (something like /var/lib/dhcp but maybe
different for different distros) there may be many leases files. Check the
one with the most recent timestamp. The names look like
dhclient-<uuid>-eth0.lease

On the server the leases are stored in dhcpd6.leases, but it depends on
the server config. Can you post your dhcpd.conf file?

Note that if you use host statements with fixed-address or fixed-address6
then by design those leases are handled by a different internal code path
and are not written to the leases file.

regards,
-glenn