Wrong gateway when using class in a subnet

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Jun 2 05:22:18 UTC 2012

Hi Adam

That is perfectly valid, and is the typical way classes are meant to be
used.

The earlier example was defining the class inside the subnet, so in that
case the class inherits the subnet settings (like option routers) even
when it is used in a different subnet or scope.

You can also put statements inside the class definition and those
settings will apply to members of that class.

Note that once you allow a class in a pool, all other requests are
denied from that pool. Likewise if you deny a class, then all others are
allowed. So you will probably want two pools (at least) in each subnet,
one where you allow EndUserStuff; and one where you deny it, to allocate
addresses for all the other devices.

regards,
-glenn