query in relay concept?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 09:05:32 UTC 2012

ameen.shajahan at wipro.com wrote:

>If DHCP is running in relay mode, both server and relay are in
>different subnet.

Yes

>Whose subnet address the client will acquire? Whether server subnet
>address or relay subnet address.

The client subnet - that is the whole function of the relay agent, to
enable 'remote' clients to get an address from a server on another
network.

Can I suggest you find a copy of "The DHCP Handbook" by Ralph Droms
and Ted Lemon ? It explains all this (and a lot more) in a very clear
manner.

--
Simon Hobson