DHCPv6 and MAC Address inclusion

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Tue Jan 24 14:53:55 UTC 2012

I for one would love to see your config to see how you are doing this. The hardware ethernet isn't included in the DHCPv6 packet (at least as far as I can see from packet captures) other than as part of the client-id (DUID) on *SOME* clients (ie: NOT d-link). Would love to see your configs... Didn't know the DHCP server decoded the DUID to know what the hardware ethernet is.