[DHCP] Re: Segment network for wireless

Leslie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 02:53:50 UTC 2012

	Possibly.  One option would be to change the subnet of your LAN from
192.168.3/24 to 10.0.0/24.  Even that may not be necessary.  If the wireless
router passes all packets fron the wired LAN to the Wireless LAN, then it
isn't.  It is also not necessary if you don't mind having a different
address range for the wired and wireless clients.

	Have you investigated DD-WRT or OpenWrt for your wireless router?

	By the way, I think if I were you I would get rid of the second NIC
and just plug the cable modem into the switch, especially if it is a gigabit
switch and the NIC on your server is also gigabit.  Simply create an IP in
the modem's LAN segment and turn on IP forwarding.