DHCP RECONFIGURE Support

Madhu Krishna Sandadi msandadi at nvtl.com
Mon Feb 20 11:23:45 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I would like to know how I can initiate the DHCP RECONFIGURE  request to the LAN clients to update their DNS entries.

I will elaborate my issue.
I am using 'radvd' to advertise the IPv6 global prefix i.e SLAAC(State Less Auto Address Configuration).
And DHCP Server to serve only IPV6 DNS server addresses to IPv6 LAN Clients.
Lets say in the initial stage IPv6 LAN clients got Prefix and DNS server info from the router.
And able to communicate the external word.

But in between lets say router got updated DNS server addresses to replace the old ones.
Here I need to inform the LAN ipv6 clients to update the new DNS servers information.

Any inputs on this issue.

Thanks,
Madhu