dhcpd 4.2 no longer knows ns-update operator

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 16:22:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

the code for parsing ns-update operator is not compiled by default because
it's (common/parse.c:4042) in
#if defined(NSUPDATE_OLD)
#endif
and NSUPDATE_OLD is not defined by default.

Can somebody from ISC confirm that parsing of ns-update operator was
removed intentionally ?

Thanks.

If that's a bug (you had wanted to remove only parsing or dns-update and
dns-delete but not ns-update),
then the fix is easy (see attached patch).

--
Jiri