Static Leases do not work

Jeff Waller jeffw at cnxntech.com
Thu Feb 2 19:34:24 UTC 2012

Hmm almost, but I think what he wants is another directive based on
reserved.

reserve-all-leases

On Feb 2, 2012, at 2:10 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:

> Jeff Waller wrote:
>
>> I think what he wants is some directive that once a lease is given
>> out to a mac address that matches a particular let's say class, that
>> IP address is never given out to another mac address until it is
>> revoked.  I think
>> this is a not met by the suggestions so far.
>
> That is exactly what the "Reserved" flag does. Except that it still
> reserves the lease even if the client releases it.
>
> I believe it can be set by editing the leases file and adding the
> "reserved" statement, or using OMAPI.

Obviously the lease file edit approach is not workable, but even if a program
were written to scan across all possible leases and reserve them, feels like
not what you want, but instead behavior enforced by the server configuration
directly.

Is it possible to use the executable-command support to set the reserved
flag on any new lease granted?