How to configure dhclient to send option#82

David Ganor david at oliver-solutions.com
Thu Feb 2 07:51:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I need to configure a dhclient to send option#82 with a specific sub-option
#9 in the DHCPDiscover and in the DHCPRequest messages.

I've tried setting this up in the *.conf file without success (.conf file is
attached): all other set options are sent.

I've tried this with dhclient v3.1.1 and with v4.2.3 (on Ubuntu 9.04; yes an
old one. J)

Would anyone please help figure this out? Is there something missing in the
file? Do I need to set-up/enable anything else in my system?

Thank you,

David Ganor

Oliver Solutions Ltd.

www.oliver-solutions.com <http://www.oliver-solutions.com/>