using option 82 to assign a static ip-address

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Mon Dec 17 14:28:39 UTC 2012

Glen,

Don't mean to hijack the thread but...

Is that right? I did not know that if you simply do not enclose the match text in quotes that it would match binary info!! That de-screws something that I have been struggling with! Some option 82 from some manufacturers is binary, others it is ASCII. If I simply can match in this manner ...

Does this work for ASCII as well or only binary?

hmmm - what to do if the text that the manufacturer sends is something like: VLAN 1 Port 4