dhcpv6 => relay, encapsulated vendor options discarded

Arne Baeumler slobo at br0tkasten.de
Fri Dec 7 08:36:46 UTC 2012

Hi Benoit,

some weeks ago we discovered the same issue.

As nobody seemed to have a solution for this
we decided to make the modifications in dhcpd to fix this issue ourself.

After some weeks of starring at the existing code
we managed to get a version of dhcpd-4.2.4-p2 compiled
that is inserting DHCP options of the relay message
into the encapsulated solicit packet.

As long as tests are going well we will publish the patch on the mailinglist.

Regards,
Arne