I am trying to set option routers to a domain name but it does not show up in the client leases file

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Aug 22 20:46:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 20:18 +0000, Zentner, Jeff wrote:
> I am trying to set option routers to a domain name but it does not
> show up in the client leases file
> From dhcp-options.5
> haagen.isc.org).  When entering a domain name, be sure that that
> domain name resolves to a single IP address.
>   option routers yahoo.com;

For me "yahoo.com" does not resolve to a single IP address. This might
just be an example of course, but have you made sure (manually) that the
DHCP server can resolve the specified name to a single IP address?

I would expect dhcpd to syslog something about this no matter what
though. Anything interesting in the log?

> I am running dhcpd version “Internet Software Consortium DHCP Server
> V3.0pl2_DHCP4”

You're using software that's roughly 10 years old. Seriously consider
upgrading. (Where did you get that version?)

--
Peter