Declaring subclasses on a per-subnet basis

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Aug 9 05:51:12 UTC 2012

Hi Tihomir

If the option is only required for specific subnets, then perhaps the
group{} functionality would work better, for example:

group {
    option root-path "nfs:192.168.1.1:/nbi:NetInstall-Restore.dmg";

    subnet 10.10.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 {
    }
    subnet 10.11.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 {
    }
}
Or if it is only to be valid in a single subnet you could set the option
in that subnet or pool only.

Classes are more useful for globally matching a subset of hosts based on
some other parameter other than subnet.

regards,
-glenn