Newbie question on getting vendor specific information from Client

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Aug 8 11:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi Hemant

The dhclient calls a specific script to configure the interface. This
script, usually called dhclient-script, looks for two entry and exit
hook scripts that it can call. You can put anything you like in these
scripts to process the options. See the man pages dhclient-script(8) and
dhclient.conf(5).

regards,
-glenn

On 08/08/12 19:38, Hemant Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to ISC DHCP but have some experience working with DHCP.
> I am exploring ISC DHCP client for one of our projects.
>
> We have a requirement to be able to retrieve vendor specific data sent
> by the server.
> Looking at the configuration files, i could figure out that there is a
> way to be able to set the vendor class option in the config file, but i
> could not figure out how to retrieve the data sent by the server at the
> client
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Hemant.

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell                            |  Miss 9: What do you
Uniq Advances Pty Ltd, Sydney Australia   |  do at work Dad?