"raw packet not available" when execute() on release

Nicolas C. dhcp at nryc.fr
Mon Apr 30 19:06:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm using the "execute" functionality to perform updates in our DNS
using a script. The idea is to achieve this :

http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/IPv6DDNS

It works when DHCP gives an address but it sometimes fails when the
lease expires.

The error message is "data: hardware: raw packet not available" and the
mac address and IPv4 address (needed by my script) are missing. I saw
somebody having a similar problem but no answer was given.

I'm using the official "isc-dhcp-server" package on Debian Squeeze
(4.1.1-P1), maybe this issue is corrected in a newer version of dhcpd? I
tried compiling 4.2.3-P2 to test but it fails :

comapi.c:878:25: error: variable 'shared_network' set but not used
[-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

make[2]: *** [comapi.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dhcp-4.2.3-P2/common'

Any help on the "execute" or compiling issue? This is quite a problem
for me.

Regards,

Nicolas