Meaning of logmessages

Friesen, Don LCTZ:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Wed Sep 28 14:17:34 UTC 2011

>The DHCPINFORM sends less information than a DHCPREQUEST, so the dhcp
>server is only able to match the subnet settings. So it's really a
>limitation of the protocol.
>
>regards,
>-glenn

  The INFORM contains ciaddr, giaddr, chaddr, as well as the client identifier (in case it is different than the chaddr).  This should be sufficient to fully identify the lease details, and fetch the correct options.  What is it that the REQUEST contains that the INFORM does not?  The REQUESTS that I have examined contain less information than the INFORM.

Don.