DHCPD performance -- solid-state disks?

Ray DeJean ray at selu.edu
Fri Sep 9 15:20:42 UTC 2011

John,

As others may chime in, I believe your best bet is to create a ramdisk and
store the leases file there.  That's your best performance.  Also note your
logging, as our /var/log/messages file (on CentOS) also gets hit pretty
hard.

Your start/stop scripts should copy the lease file to/from the ramdisk.  And
you should probably have a script to copy the lease file to disk every few
minutes as well.

ray
--
Ray DeJean