domain-search?

Nicholas F Miller nicholas.miller at Colorado.EDU
Thu Sep 8 14:31:07 UTC 2011

Lovely, gotta love M$.

So what does this mean for sending multiple search domains? It is from the docs for DHCP 4.2.2. It looks like an attempt to allow multiple domains by using domain-name. I've tried using this with no luck. It complains if you use a domain-list:

DHCP 4.2.2

<snip>

New Features

- Strict checks for content of domain-name DHCPv4 option can now be   configured during compilation time. Even though RFC2132 does not allow   to store more than one domain in domain-name option, such behavior is   now enabled by default, but this may change some time in the future.  See ACCEPT_LIST_IN_DOMAIN_NAME define in includes/site.h.  [ISC-Bugs #24167]

#cat dhcp-4.2.2/includes/site.h

<snip>

/* Define this if you want to allow domain list in domain-name option.
   RFC2132 does not allow that behavior, but it is somewhat used due
   to historic reasons. Note that it may be removed some time in the
   future. */

#define ACCEPT_LIST_IN_DOMAIN_NAME

#dhcpd -t
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.2
Copyright 2004-2011 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
dhcpd.conf line 35: semicolon expected.
option domain-name "test.com",
                                 ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server at isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

exiting.

Nicholas Miller, ITS, University of Colorado at Boulder