best version for new failover setup?

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 13:45:48 UTC 2011

On 09/06/2011 10:35 PM, Paul Keck wrote:
> What is the recommended version for a new failover setup?  We tend to like
> to be off the leading edge on this kind of stuff around here; stability
> trumps new features and being up-to-the-minute.  Any reason to STOP using
> isc-dhcpd-V3.0.5-RedHat ?  That's what I'm running now.  Any failover bugs
> back in the 3's?
I've seen several 'strange failover problems' reports with 3.0.5
(RHEL-5) but none with 4.1.1 (RHEL-6) so far.

For those who still want to stick with RHEL-5 but use 4.1.1 instead of
3.0.5 I wrote small HOWTO.
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2010-July/011681.html

Jiri Popelka
Red Hat, inc.