dhcp not matching subnet if not first address on interface

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Sep 6 12:44:39 UTC 2011

On 09/06/11 22:10, Steve Clark wrote:

> Should I include subnet declaration for all interfaces? Or just the
> subnets on the
> interface where the subnet is that I will actually be handing out ips for.
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Stephen Clark
> *NetWolves*
> Sr. Software Engineer III
> Phone: 813-579-3200
> Fax: 813-882-0209
> Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com
> http://www.netwolves.com

The short answer is yes.

If you run dhcpd without specifying an interface it will listen on all
interfaces, so you should include subnet declarations for all local
interfaces. If there are more than one ip address on an interface then
you should configure it as a shared-network.

For example, in one of your earlier posts there was an error about no
declaration for eth0.

--
regards,
-glenn