Error when checking for a existing lease OMAPI/OMSHELL

carlos jorge carlosd2002 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:58:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I posted already this question for previous version of DHCP and the response was to upgrade to newer version.

I was able to perform the tests in a newer version but still same problem (tested in version 4.2.2).

When i check a IP and MAC of a existing lease i receive status 2 (if just one lease is on dhcp.leases) or sometimes errors like key conflict or more than one lease match to the key (when in the server are two leases for the same IP/MAC, showed in dhcp.leases)

My problem is that  if i test same IP but with other MAC i still receive the error key conflict. Can someone tell me why? This should be a bug right? if the IP/MAC doesn't exist the error should be not found, right?

Example:

> set ip-address=194.210.201.141
obj: lease
ip-address = c2:d2:c9:8d
> set hardware-address=04:1e:64:f3:b5:f9
obj: lease
ip-address = c2:d2:c9:8d
hardware-address = 04:1e:64:f3:b5:f9
> open
obj: lease
ip-address = c2:d2:c9:8d
hardware-address = 04:1e:64:f3:b5:f9
state = 00:00:00:02
dhcp-client-identifier = 01:04:1e:64:f3:b5:f9
subnet = 00:00:00:66
pool = 00:00:00:67
hardware-type = 00:00:00:01
ends = 4e:a0:4d:4d