query regarding DHCLIENT.conf for ipv6

Mukund Deshpande sai.mukund.sagar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 01:43:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am new to dhcp..trying to figure out what all parameters can be
provided to dhclient in dhclient.conf for ipv6.
Can anybody tell me what all configurations can be written
dhclient.conf for ipv6

For instance the dhclient.conf for ipv4 is like
timeout 60;
retry 60;
reboot 10;
select-timeout 5;
initial-interval 2;
reject 192.33.137.209;

interface "ep0" {
    send host-name "andare.fugue.com";
    send dhcp-client-identifier 1:0:a0:24:ab:fb:9c;
    send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
    supersede domain-name "fugue.com rc.vix.com home.vix.com";
    prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
    request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
            domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
    require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
    script "/etc/dhclient-script";
    media "media 10baseT/UTP", "media 10base2/BNC";
}

alias {
  interface "ep0";
  fixed-address 192.5.5.213;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.255;
}

Are these all parameters valid in dhclient.conf for ipv6 also?? in
sample dhclient.conf i could only find option like rapid commit etc.,
and not the above ones. Please let me know if the above parameters is
valid for ipv6 dhclient also.

A sample dhclient.conf will be very helpful

--
Regards,
Mukund