dhcpleasequery problems - 4.2.2

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Wed Oct 19 13:17:33 UTC 2011

>>      I suspect that the code is NOT there for a reason; at least, not one
>> that is still valid. The "time_expiry" value it is checking against
>> "cur_time" is undefined at this point in the code.
>
> Perhaps the line defining time_expiry (currently after the suspect block
> of code) needs to be moved before the block of code you commented out?

    The definition of "time_expiry" after the suspect block is a delta
time value rather than an absolute time. It will always be less than the
current time unless somebody has VERY long leases. I suppose that would
make the "impossible condition" part of the error message correct but I
am not sure what function the check would be serving.

    If you look at the other two variables in this section, "time_renewal"
and "time_rebinding", they are first defined as absolute time values. They
are converted to a delta time value after being compared to the current
time. Perhaps the code used to have something similar for "time_expiry"
before somebody realized "time_expiry" and "lease->ends" were the same
thing and optimized things.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|