support of failover protocol?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Tue Oct 11 07:38:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

when I look into the source of dhcpd I find in the file includes/site.h the following statement:

/* Define this if you want DHCP failover protocol support in the DHCP
   server. */

/* #define FAILOVER_PROTOCOL */

>From the description I would think it is pretty straight forward what the meaning of this is, but if I leave it as it is (NOT defining it), then I can still use the failover protocoll.

So I'm not sure that I understand the meaning of this. If I have failover protocoll supported without this statement, what exactly will change if I define "FAILOVER-PROTOCOL"?

Tom.