Help with DHCPv6 client-identifiers

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Sat Nov 19 21:01:33 UTC 2011

On Nov 20, 2011, at 5:18 AM, "sthaug at nethelp.no" <sthaug at nethelp.no> wrote:
> Um, as long as I use routing on more than 64 bits within my own AS,
> on links I control, how have I broken your ability to use SEND/CGA?

You're already demanding that we change the DHCP architecture to suit your needs, and change the routing architecture, and the host requirements, and so on.   If all of these changes were actually made in standards documents, then people would assume that the changes made sense, and were consistent with the IPv6 networking architecture.   Soon these changes would be deployed on networks not managed by you.   And at that point, you would have broken CGA.

> I claim that routing on more than 64 bits is already in use in plenty
> of places on the Internet (not just my own AS), and is not about to
> disappear any time soon. However, I don't believe this qualifies as
> the Internet architecture being broken. Others may disagree.

Routing using /127s is certainly in use.   Is that what you mean, though?