Using isc dhcpd to only update reverse DNS zone for selected hosts

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 06:54:54 UTC 2011

Tom Schmitt wrote:

>- activate DDNS-updates again
>- add to the subnets (or classes) where you don't wan't to update
>the domain this statement:
>do-forward-updates off;

Bear in mind that there will be no list of such domain names
available in advance. As I red it, this is one of those "customer
wants <something>" situations, and until the customer comes along
with their request, you have no idea what it will be.

Personally, I'd need a lot of convincing* to use an ISP that couldn't
offer a fixed address and fixed reverse DNS record(s) to go with it.
* Meaning roughly, there wasn't any other reasonable option.

--
Simon Hobson