option space and vendor-class-identifier

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:59:00 UTC 2011

Why do you need to use vendor options for Windows or Linux PCs? These are typically special options for specialized hardware, such as a call manager for IP phones, or a provisioning system for wireless access points.

If you have a piece of equipment that requires specific vendor options, the documentation will tell you so.

Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks