netreg Revisited

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Thu Mar 24 19:58:51 UTC 2011

> I looked into OMAPI about a year ago when we did a code overhaul on our
> current (in-house) system... but it seemed too new and untested to me,
> not to mention the changes not persisting over restarts.

    We've been using OMAPI for several years now so I am not sure how
mature something has to be before it is "too new and untested".

    Change are stored in the lease database so they do persist across
restarts. We no longer have any host definitions in our ResNet DHCP
config. They are all in the lease database.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|