GSS TSIG dynamic DNS from dhcpd (again)

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Mar 24 10:20:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 10:41 +0100, Juergen Dietl wrote:
> i dont know if I understood your problem. But in my tests where I was
> stuck at 99 % this link saved my life.
>
> Thanx Patrick :-)
>
> http://www.netlinxinc.com/netlinx-blog/45-dns/136-how-to-implement-gss-tsig-on-isc-bind.html

As stated in an earlier thread, the above is for the BIND part. It
describes how you can make a BIND name daemon accept incoming GSS-TSIG
requests.

That's not the problem we're dealing with in this thread. This thread is
about having DHCPd perform dynamic updates with GSS-TSIG, just like
"nsupdate -g" would do on the command line.

To put it more clearly, Patrick's fine post deals with the right part of
the following "diagram":

 (DHCP server) <---dynamic-update---> (DNS server)

The thread is about the left part.

--
Peter