netreg Revisited

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 22 18:02:52 UTC 2011

Our specific-to-ISU version of netreg uses omapi
to do host adding.  There are some tricky bits
though:
  1) we had to modify dhcpd to NOT add the entry
     to the leases file (since we are adding it
     to the config file and duplicates are bad).
  2) We use class/subclasses to separate clients
     to verious service categories (different
     subnets on the "same wire").  We have been
     thus far unable to make omapi for for adding
     subclasses :( :( :(

John