ISC DHCP 4.2 with LDAP and IPv6

Miroslav Lauš mirek.laus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:44:41 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Jiri Popelka wrote:

> On 03/09/2011 05:32 PM, Miroslav Lauš wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is the LDAP support in DHCP 4.2 ready to support IPv6 scenario?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Miroslav
> Hi,
>
> I don't think so.
> But I have a patch from Fran Taylor that should offer this.
> I got it about year ago with a question if I can apply it to dhcp we ship with Fedora.
> David Cantrell (maintainter of "ldap-for-dhcp") applied it to git repository
> https://github.com/dcantrell/ldap-for-dhcp/commit/4f54c426112b2a1c4db78be995f526799caa8cab
> just before releasing of dhcp-4.2.0, which contains the "ldap-for-dhcp" (but without that Fran's patch).
>
> I don't know whether Fran sent that patch to ISC so I think I can do it now.
> I include it also here if you are interested.
>
> Original message from Fran:
>
> Attached is a patch that I have written for dhcpd so that DHCPv6
> client information can be stored in LDAP.
>
> It is admittedly fairly crude, but I have been running it for over a
> year now and it seems to work fine.  I have tested it with linux,
> Solaris, Windows, and OSX clients.

Hi,

thank you very much, the patch applies nicely on ISC DHCP 4.2.1 source.
I did a quick look into the patch and I see it contains dhcp.schema updates
for dhcpRange6 attribute but it does not seem to be evaluated in ldap.c source.
Is there anybody on the list using it in production? If so can you post ldif
snippet for a DHCPv6 configuration?

Regards,
Miroslav