Problem installing isc-dhcp

Mike Rosensweig mrosensweig at google.com
Wed Jul 27 19:30:08 UTC 2011

The errors happen with anything that tries to include dhcpctl.h (ive even
tried a totally empty program with just that include statement).  That file
includes omapip/opapip.h, which includes omapip/result.h, which in turn
tried to include 'isc/result.h' which is where the errors happen, since that
file never gets moved to /usr/local/include with the others.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Shawn Routhier <sar at isc.org> wrote:

> On 07/27/2011 11:12, Mike Rosensweig wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to install the new version of isc-dhcp from the isc website
>> and am running into some problems with using dhcpctl and omapi.  I
>> download the tar.gz, unzip it into my home directory, and then run
>> configure, make, and make install, as the README says.  The problem I am
>> running into is that while most of the relevant .h files get moved to
>> /usr/local/include, some of them (specifically the ones from
>> bind/includes/isc) do not, so when I try to compile i get a bunch of
>> '________' declared as function returning a function errors since it can
>> not locate 'isc/result.h'.  If i had ~/dhcp-4.2.1-P1/bind/include to the
>> include path the program will then compile, but this does not seem like
>> the desired behavior, as I would assume the necessary header and lib
>> files should all be put in the proper locations and work out of the box.
>>  Am i missing something here, or do I need to install some additional
>> package for this to work?
>>

> You probably aren't missing anything, it's likely a bug.  In 4.2
> we add a dependency on the bind code and didn't catch all of the
> corner cases.
>
> What were you trying to compile that got the errors?
>

>> Thanks,
>> Mike

Mike Rosensweig | Software Engineer Intern - Google Fiber |
mrosensweig at google.com | 860-916-3918