DHCP removal...

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Wed Jul 20 21:45:01 UTC 2011

On 07/18/2011 21:08, Jeff Justice wrote:
> I tried to install DHCP on OSX, but got a bunch of errors.
>
> I didn't see an uninstall file.  I would like to start totally fresh, but not sure where everything went.
>
> Is there an uninstall script or can someone provide the paths where things are put?
>
> Jeff

There is an uninstall option in the makefile

make uninstall

While checking on it for this reply I noticed that
it is broken in 4.2.  Adding an
uninstall:
clause into the makefile we use for bind in 4.2
(bind/Makefile) should fix the issue.

As you had problems doing the install the uninstall
may have issues as well.

In addition if you want to install various items
in non-standard places you can look at the
--prefix and --exec-prefix options to configure.

Shawn